Sunday, October 27, 2013

Exchange Students, and waffles

So these last few weeks have gone by so quickly. I don't even know where all the time went. Within these last couple of weeks I've been spending a lot of time with the other exchange students, I see them at least once a week. About a week ago we had another AFS orientation with everyone. When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. It was the 7 exchange students that arrived in August, 2 exchange students who arrived in February (me and and a boy from Thailand), 2 people who returned from exchange in August, and a girl who is going to England in January. It was really fun to talk to everyone and get advice on returning, as well as giving advice about going on exchange. We ate, and then we played some group building games (3 legged race, pop the balloon, etc..) it was really fun! Then that night we all went to the house of the girl who had spent a year in Norway and returned in August. That was pretty fun too, some of the people got really drunk so it was pretty funny to watch.

Then about two days ago I went to go get a package that someone sent for me. When I looked inside it, it was a waffle maker! two months ago my aunt told me that she had sent me a waffle maker, but it never got here. Then finally it didn't! I've been going a little crazy with the waffling (yes it's a word in my book), but hey you leave something for a long time and then your able to eat it again? you will go a little crazy. It's just how it is. The waffles are really good too! They taste so much like the waffles from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment