Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Las Cataratas del Iguazú

The day after I got back from Cordoba, I left again to go on a trip with the organization that I came with, AFS. It was a trip to the north with all the other exchange students that were leaving in January. I only chose to go on half of it because it was crazy expensive (I loved it, but I don't think it was worth that much money, we spent more time on the bus than outside of it), the half that was going to a province called Misiones which boarders Argentina. We went to the waterfalls of Iguazu, which is half in Argentina and half in Brazil. The waterfalls were so gorgeous! They were probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I was with AFS for four days, but I only spent one at the falls. It was really fun though, I got to meet all of the other exchange students. As well as spend more time with the girls who came with me last February, including a really good friend with whom we've completely shared this experience. We came here together and before that, we were really good friends. We live at different ends of the country though, so I was really happy to see her! It was really fun to see who the different cliques formed. They weren't that cliquiy, just that all of the separate countries hung out mostly with the people from their same country, speaking their language. As much as I tried, I didn't speak very much Spanish during this trip. 

The next trip is to the south, which is supposed to be even better than the waterfalls with all the glaciers and such...but I don't think I will go just cause it's way to expensive. At the falls, we were all talking about how much money we're spending, and the majority of the people said that they weren't going anywhere else because they've already spent a tone of money. I'm right there with them, even though I'm doing fine for money, I still don't want to spend the amount it takes to go on this trip. It's just to much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment