Friday, January 3, 2014

The Holidays

The holidays here are usually these big party events, that wasn't really how I experienced them. Christmas was pretty much the partying holiday for me but usually it's New Years. We started out going to the grandma's house for dinner on the 24th and we stayed until about two or three. Then we went home and while the rest of the family went to bed, some friends came over to hang out with my sister and I. I went to bed at seven in the morning but when I asked my sister what time people left she said that they all stayed until ten. Then that night we had the family over for one of my host sister's birthday dinner. It was definitely different from every other Christmas that I've had, but I guess that was what made it fun! It was different and new, a new Christmas for a new experience :). I do however, miss the christmas that I would have had at home! So it made me really happy to find out that my family is waiting to do Christmas for when I get back :)

Then New Year's I just spent with the ENTIRE family. We were hosting out of town family members and we had the ENTIRE family over for dinner, I don't know what time everyone left but I went up to go to bed at about 3 and they hadn't even started the dancing yet. I'm sure they were there until seven or something. It's weird how my holidays got switched around this year, usually it's New Year's is the holiday where I'm up all night partying and Christmas is the holiday spent with family. This didn't feel real at all, it felt like it was just another ordinary day.

And now that the holidays are over, and I only have 2 weeks left, I've starting thinking about what all I need to do before heading home. Like all of the stuff I need to buy, and hanging out with all of my friends as much as possible. It's weird to think about that in two weeks I will be sleeping in my bed, with my cat at my feet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment