Friday, December 20, 2013

The Play, the Show, etc...

This past week has been crazy busy, full of three things that I love most: dancing, singing and acting. Last Friday I went to go see a play that one of the superstars classes had put on. It was about adolescence and the struggles of being a young teenager. I went with a good friend of mine from the class (everyone kind of paired up for that, because it was 2 tickets for the price of 1 for any student from Superstars). After the play, we all went out to eat and just hang out. It was really interesting because after we had finished eating and just hanging around, some girls went to the bathroom, and a few minutes they came out (they were hysteric) saying that they saw something in the bathroom (like a ghost or something). Then a group went outside, and later I went out to tell them that they had to pay. I found them all outside around the corner talking about what they had seen/heard. (a black figure moving inside an empty building window, a noise inside that same building, etc...) So seeing that the lights were on I went inside the building and found that there were some people in there rearranging things (it was a gym for gymnastics). After that nobody "saw/heard" anything else "unnatural". I don't know what they saw in the bathroom, but it was pretty creepy considering that it was Friday the 13th.

Anyways... Then the next day my class had our play, the play that we've been working on for 2 months. It was AMAZING! I was just an extra, and had no lines. But it was hard work, I was almost ALWAYS on stage, and when I wasn't, I was backstage changing costumes as quickly as possible to get back onstage on time. I had about 4 costumes, BUT I had about 10 costume changes. I managed to get on stage when needed, unfortunately I can't say the same about some of the others. Everyone almost always made it on stage, but there were a few changes that were a couple of changes that were to fast for some people, I ALMOST missed my opening a few times, but managed to get onstage when needed. The play was amazing! I can't believe that it's over, it seems so unreal that something that took so much work and that was really one of the last things I would ever do with superstars can be over just like that (snap fingers). It was an amazing experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I find it funny how the best things of my experience here have all been something with Superstars..how funny! Anyways afte the play ended ( :/ ) we all went to go celebrate at the house of one of my classmates, I had a great time.

Then on Tuesday we had our end of year show, which was for all of Superstars. We were performing some of the best dances from that year as well as having some people singing solos. I had originally got chosen to sing a song (in English) so I sang On My Own from Les Miserables (it had to be from a musical). I thought I did ok, there were definitely times in which I've sung that song better, but I think under the sircumstances I sang it fairly well. My voice was good, it just need more strength, it sounded very weak. I know that that is because I was SO nervous, when the show first started, I started freaking out, and could not stand still. When I was singing I could feel like hands shaking (which wasn't good, because I was holding the microphone). However, despite that, I thought it went pretty well!

I thought that that show marked the end of Superstars until summer classes start, but my teacher called everyone in to tell us that we will be performing one last time this Monday before the term ends. That makes me so happy to hear! I don't really want the year to end. I'm just a little bit afraid that if the term ends and there aren't any more classes, when it's time for me to go. I won't be able to say goodbye to everybody, and tell them all how much they mean to me. I've been telling them a lot that they HAVE to be there to see me off so that I can hug them and thank them for everything they've done one last time before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment