Monday, September 2, 2013

Superstars Competition

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've updated my blog! So many things have happened since my trip to the other provinces!

A few weeks ago my Superstars team (see posts below to now what Superstars is) had a competition. It was jazz, musical comedy, Contemporary and hip hop (4 numbers). I only danced in two of them due to consume problems (the contemporary piece and the musical comedy piece).

First off I would just like to say that I could have never prepared for what it was like.

Dressing room: Everything was chaotic. Some people danced 7 numbers, which means that they all had 7 costume changes. One number after the other, usually they only had one number in between each number...needless to say everyone was very stressed trying to change their costumes. There were people everywhere trying to change their costumes in time.

Costumes: I had two costumes. One of them was this orange and blue skirt that went all the way down to the floor and a blue and orange one sleeve bra top thing. We all had payed someone to make that outfit. So the day of the competition they hand me my skirt, but tell me that they were still working on my top. So I wait, and 15 minutes before we go on, I ask them about it and they tell me that they didn't have time to finish it, so I had to improvise and put on a black tank top instead. There were two others who had to do the same, and one girl who couldn't dance because they hadn't even finished her skirt. The second costume was a musical comedy number with a little bit of jazz. We had long sleeve blank shirts, and black pants with white gloves that were supposed to have lights in them so that we could turn them on for the finale. The people who were supposed to put the lights in the gloves told me that they didn't have enough time to do it...that isn't as big of a deal as the first costume was, but still I feel like I should just do everything myself next time.

So despite everything, we won the competition (which means I will be traveling to another province to compete again!) I was actually really surprised that we won for two reasons: 1) the costumes were a complete mess because everyone had something a little bit different. and 2) because even though the choreografy was great, nobody was in sinc with eachother, everyone was rushing about the stage trying to get to their spot (especially for the finale of the contemporary piece) and did I mention the costumes? Whenever we had this big pose, everyone would be running over each other trying to get to our spots. It was insane, we looked/sounded like a stampede...but I guess I'm the only one that thinks that because we won. WOOHOOOO!

That's all I have about that...I'm going to go right about everything that's been happening since then until now.

:D chauu

Stephanie <3


No comments:

Post a Comment