Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Las Termas, Salta, and Tucuman

A few weeks ago my host family (my host parents and one of my sisters) and I went to the province named Salta. On the way we also visited a city in my province called "las termas" and a province called "tucuman". Our first stop was las termas, which was only like an hour from my city. Las termas is a tourist town in my province, it's known for it's warm water. For that reason, it's a very poplular place for people who want to go swimming in winter (there aren't any indoor pools here). First we went to this national park that was a guided tour on this bridge thing that went in a circle. There were various birds and three dinosaurs. The T-rex, the one with the pointy tail, and the one with the long neck. Then after that we went to this race car museum. It had all of these old race cars and motorcycles, there was this one motorcycle that was soooo old it looked so weird, it was really fun though! Then after that we went to the airport because my host sister had never been to an airport before! Then we went downtown to a feria (which is a street market), it was great! I'd never seen anything like it before we just shopped and my family told me about everything that I didn't know about (which was a lot). Then after lunch we headed to our next stop, the province of Tucuman. After checking into our hotel (so cheap but so nice) we headed downtown and just shopped and looked at all the beautiful buildings. All of the buildings were like old victorian buildings.

The next day after breakfast, we went traveled to our final destination, the province of Salta. After checking into our hotel (which used to be a castle, so it was all old and fancy, and really really nice!) we went to go get dinner and just stayed in watching movies. Then the next morning we went downtown and went in this (I don't remember the name) thing was kind of like a ski lift, but your boxed in...we went up a mountain in that to this little park were you could see the entire city. It was absolutely gorgeous! I could've probably stayed up there all day! Once we were done with that we went to the feria of that city and did a little shopping. Then we went back to the hotel.

The next day we took the long car ride back to our city. And that concludes the amazing (I know, I know, it doesn't sound amazing...but trust me, it was.) trip to Salta.

:D Chauu

Stephanie <3





No comments:

Post a Comment