Thursday, December 12, 2013

33 days

33 is the big number that stands between myself and going to home. In 33 days I will be getting on a bus heading to Buenos Aires from my city, and from there I will be taking a plane to Miami, and from there I will board a plane that will take me home. I have many mixed feelings about going home. Part of me is sad because I've made amazing friends here that I don't want to leave, as well as an amazing family that have done so much for me. But I'm also filled with happiness and anxiety to be finally going home. Happiness to see my home, see my cats, sleep in my bed, drive my car, see my friends, and more importantly see my family for the first time in 11 months. There are people here that I really don't want to leave though. My friends from Superstars for example are the people that really made this experience worthwhile. They're the people that I spend the majority of my time with, the people that know what I've been through, that I know are here for me. The people that I felt closest to because of our shared love for the arts. I also really don't want to leave my friends that I originally met at the english school that I went to speak at way back in June, we've kind of just kept on doing things together, and they have also always been there for me. It still feels like all of this is a dream, like just one huge long dream that I will wake up from at any minute. I can't believe in 1 month I'll be going home, I can't believe I've spent 10 months in Argentina. Speaking nothing (well almost) but Spanish, going to school, living life here all by myself away from everything that I know. It still just seems so unreal.

1 comment: