Wednesday, June 26, 2013

5 day weekend

So it's been a little while since I've updated this blog, so I thought that I should post :)

Last weekend we had a 4 day weekend because Thursday was the national flag day. However, because none of the teachers for my class were there, my class also got Wednesday off, so it was really a 5 day weekend. Anyways, that Thursday was also the grandma's, and an uncle's birthday. So the entire family came over, and we had this huge double birthday party with everyone one my host mom's side of the family. Then of course I took a picture with the Argentine flag! It was great, they had kareoke and I sang 5 times! It was great!

Then on friday my host sister and I had a pajama party (it was just a sleepover, just with guys there until 6 in the morning) with some friends. That was incredible! It was definitely the funnest get together since being here. We talked, watched movies, sang/played the guitar, and ate. I had so much fun!

Then Saturday my host sister and I just watched movies in bed on a projector the entire day, that was so relaxing! I was so tired, but couldn't go to sleep so that was the second best thing. Then Sunday I went shopping at wait for it...wait for it...A THRIFT SHOP. And I found a pair of ugg like boots for 80 pesos, which is less than 20 dollars.

Over all I think this was a pretty fun weekend, and i hope that they keep on coming!

1 comment: