Saturday, June 15, 2013

Rain

So yesterday was a little crazy. First, when I was in school, it started raining, and not only just a little bit, but a lot. So it kept going for a while, and when school had ended, I looked outside and found that it was flooding! Like really flooding, the streets were completely filled with water and water was flowing on to the sidewalks. I mus say, I was a bit scared about getting home. At first I was like, "oh this will be fine! I only live like 4 blocks away!" but then I realized that to get home, I needed to cross streets, which were completely filled with water. I don't know why I was scared, but it seemed like I would be stuck at school with no money to buy food until the streets were drained. Like the water was somehow poisonous or something. Then my host sister, one of her friends, and I decided to just wade through the water, so we took off our shoes and socks and started walking through the water to our house. I must say it was actually kind of fun! I mean it was really cold, but still kind of fun. Then later that day, when the water had finally gone away (it was surprising how quickly it went) I went to my dance, singing, and acting class (it's called Superstars) for 4 hours, then after that I went to the english school for this conversation class thingy. That was really fun! There is only one rule, no spanish in the classroom. I had so much fun there! At first the teacher just told them that I was another student, but then later we told them who I am. They had figured out that I'm not from there, because of my english skills. But seriously they all talk really well in englis, I feel like they talk just as well as I do. But still they would tell that I was from an english speaking country. Then once the class ended, I walked with this girl to her bus stop, and I was surprised how easy it was to talk to her. If you know me you will know that when I meet new people, I have a hard time thinking of things to say. Well with her it was so easy, I just talked, in Spanish of course!

So like I said, that day was a bit crazy! But it was also really fun! And you know what? Those types of days have been coming WAY more frequently than before...This is experience is definitely going to be AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment