Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday

So Friday was my birthday and it was really fun. I didn't think it would be which is part of what made it to so fun. So first I was pretty sure that everyone had forgotten at school, even though the previous day my friends and I were talking about it. So my host sister and I walk into the classroom and nobody even wishes me a happy birthday, or even said hi like they always do. They were completely ignoring me. Then after the first break, my friend tells me that we have an off period because the teacher is absent (I'm an exchange student, it's pretty hard to be suspicious of these things when I'm barely grasping it myself). So then 15 minutes later when we go upstairs, the lights in the classroom are turned off, and I'm walking pretty slowly like I normally do so everyone is ahead of me. Then when I get to the classroom, I here "SURPRISE" (in Spanish) and they start singing happy birthday to me, and theres a cake with candles and all of this. And I'm just standing there with the biggest smile on my face ever. Then after that everyone wishes me a happy birthday and we eat cake (One of my classmates made it and it was delicious) and just chat until the next class period. Nobody has ever thrown me a surprise party before! It was amazing! Then later when I got home my host mom had bought this delicious chocolate cake, it was chocolate cake with dulce de leche (kind of like caramel) with a hardened chocolate layer on top and on the sides. Man was it good, I ate way to much for someone who was sick. But hey it was my birthday, and I'm gonna eat surgery stuff on my birthday :) . Then that night I went out to eat with my friends and then went partying and a friends house. That was fun but staying up all night when your sick isn't great and I had absolutely no energy. So then the next day I was just sick and I was in bed all day. But you know what? it was totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment