Saturday, June 8, 2013

A New Life

This past week has been crazy. So much has happened and I find myself in a completely new life than the one I was living a week ago. Last tuesday morning, I had a fight with my host sister and left the house for school without her because she wouldn't get up for school until the time that we had to leave. So I asked her mom what I should do, she said that I should go to school. So I did, and my host sister got mad at me because of that. Then after school, when we were waiting for the bus. She turned around and asked me if I was going to ask AFS to change families. I was absolutely surprised by this question, and instead of answering I asked her if she wanted me too and she said yes. Then immediately asked the volunteer who is supposed to be my friend and someone whom I can talk to and someone to help with any problems if she could talk that same day. So then when we talked, she said that my host parents had called her the previous week asking her if she could talk to them, but she had told them that she couldn't that week and that she would let them know for the next week (now I understand why they called her and so did she). Then after we talked she came over to my house and talked with my host parents, and they told her that they wanted me to change families. So then yesterday (Friday), I changed families and now I'm in a household with a 15 year old sister who likes almost everything that I like, it's amazing, I feel like I could talk to her for hours. I also feel like part of the family too, because when I arrived the dad walked me through my chores and how things are run here, and all of that. They have hosted 5 exchange students so they know how to be patient with me if I mess up or don't understand something. I now have 5 siblings, one girl lives with her grandma, another girl lives with her boyfriend, and a boy lives with his girlfriend. So there is just me, one girl, one boy, the mom, and the dad. I feel like this is really the perfect fit, I'm really comfortable here. And also, since I don't live with her anymore, my old host sister and I are actually pretty good friends. I guess all it took was for us to not be living together.

No comments:

Post a Comment