Thursday, May 2, 2013

Freedom

Two months in and I have no freedom. Today I had my big presentation in front of the entire school, and I told my sister that we needed to leave early. We didn't leave early, so when the bus dropped us off I was a little late so I started walking the few blocks to the school really quickly. One I got to the school I immediately went to go hook up my computer. Then my host sister comes in and tells that she needs to talk to me after the presentation. So then I'm really curious cause she said it in a weird way, so I asked her what about. And then she tells me that I walked so fast that she couldn't see me and she didn't know if I was ok, and that I can't do that again. I'm kind of mad that after two months I can't walk from the bus stop to the school without making sure that the person I'm with can see me. So anyways after school I was going to talk to the family about it. And when I talked to the dad, he pretty much told me the same thing that the sister did earlier. So now I'm completely wondering why I can't do anything. I don't know everything, but I know enough to be able to get around by myself. Enough for them not to need to keep that close of an eye on me. Plus they've said it themselves how responsible I am, so why don't they trust that I know enough to get around by myself. The only freedom I want is the exact same freedom that they give their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment