Saturday, May 4, 2013

May

Wow, I can't believe it's already May. I know that during these last few months it didn't feel like it was going by quickly, but now that it's may it feels like they went by so fast. And yet, I don't really feel like I've accomplished anything. I'm owning up to my friendlessness and I'm going to start trying harder, ask more people to do things with me and not be afraid of whether it'll be awkward or not. I just hope that once I start asking people to do things with me, they will return that gesture and do the same to me. I guess we'll see. This past week has been fairly eventful and I don't feel as homesick as I did (minus the fight I had with my sister, which we talked about during lunch today and everything with her is perfect again). Every tuesday I'm going to chill with the other exchange students and see the city, and every thursday I have Spanish lessons (which I started thursday, and the teacher said that I actually speak Spanish pretty well), then I'm making plans to be on a tennis team ( I don't understand, I ate so many bad things and was so lazy in the US and didn't get bigger, and now I'm here and I'm eating healthier and exercising more and I'm starting to get a little tummy...That is the most confusing thing ever, maybe my body just isn't used to the food and how much meat people consume here...) and I'm going to take salsa and join a non church choir if I have room. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment, I feel like having all of that stuff going on in my life will be busy but also good because I'm not going to be at home missing my family and friends as much and wishing I could go home, I will be getting my full experience in Argentina. I just feel bad for my parents, because I'm not entirely sure how much all of that will cost....And I'm paying for everything because it's not my host family's responsibility to pay for my activities.

1 comment: