Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time to Change

Wow, what a week!

So this past week was really fun! I had made plans with some friends from school to hang out on the weekend, and my host sister went to a retreat all weekend so I was really excited to have those plans so that I wouldn't be staying home all weekend. So about Thursday or Friday they cancelled, so I asked the other exchange students if they wanted to do anything, and they couldn't so then I asked some other friends from school if they could, they couldn't. So I ended up staying home all weekend, which originally I didn't want to do, and I think it would have been more fun to do something, but it wasn't that bad. Saturday I had a lazy day and just stayed in bed all day. Then Sunday I went outside and read a little then went with my host mom to pick up my host sister from her retreat.

Then on Monday everything just went downhill. I was practically in tears the entire day. Firstly, when we got home from school, I went to go on the computer to talk to my mom about rescheduling our skype. My host sister asks me why I'm always on the computer and she said that she personally doesn't like to be on the computer all the time, and would rather do something else (basically that means that she wants me to spend less time on the computer). I completely understand, I absolutely should not be spending so much time on the computer. She completely misunderstood, I do like doing things, and I'm only on the computer when I'm at home (which has been all the time since I still haven't started my activities, because I'm waiting for her to ask about them. I think I'm going to ask her who she's going to ask and then ask them for her because I would really like to start doing things), but when I'm at home and I have absolutely no idea what to do, and when it's me and her I go on my computer, so then I asked her what I should do when I'm home and she replies by saying, whatever you want. (Ok but the thing that I want to do is what your saying for me not to do). Also, this shouldn't be a reason because I'm here and not at home in the U.S. but my computer is my life, I listen to music on it, I watch movies on it, I blog, All of my photos are on it. Everything I do is based off of my computer, it's ALWAYS (minus when I was like really young) been like that. So I went into the bathroom and cried (I'm not so sure about this sharing a room thing) not because I wanted to go on my computer, but because I had absolutely no idea what to ever do, I didn't want to just sit on my bed twittling my thumbs for the next few months. It felt like there was absolutely nothing to do in that house.

The second thing that happened, was that night after we had eaten. I had eaten part of an apple that was bad, so I threw it away (I've done this before). So my host sister goes to throw something away and she comes back with my bad apple and starts yelling at me about how I don't throw half eaten apples in the garbage and if I don't like it than someone one else in the house will eat it. And if I want to do that then I can by my own fruit. First of all I had done that before, and have seen my host mom do that. and second of all no body told me not to do that before this point, so I was really surprised that she was yelling at me. It's not like I was full and just threw it away because I didn't want it. I threw it way because it tasted disgusting! So then I was really shaken up, it isn't so fun having someone yell at you know matter how stupid the reason. And since I share a room, I went to go show and then just spent 20 minutes in the shower crying. And then after a little while when I know that I need to get out I go to sleep. At this point I'm just wanting to go home, like there is probably nothing I would rather do.

Then the next day we're at school and my host sister asks for the notes that I had borrowed from her (I had borrowed notes for Biology for a test that I had had to take) and I hand them to her. Then a few minutes later, she turns to me and tells me that she's missing one. I say didn't I give you 2? and she says yes but I gave you 3. I know I didn't take 3 I took 2 but she doesn't believe me, she thinks I lost it. And honestly I'm starting to re think maybe I did take 3, but no I know I only took 2 because that was all that I needed for the test and if she doesn't have it that's her own fault. I'm pretty sure she won't let me use her notes again.

However, after that point it has gone uphill I don't know how but later that day I found out that I'm actually passing all of my classes, I'm not entirely sure how, but I am. The downside is that I have missed a lot of school my folder says that I've missed  9 and 1/2 days of school (I didn't miss that many days, but I'm not going to argue with the school, I'm pretty sure that I may have forgotten to get my folder signed by my host parents when we left school early when the teacher didn't show up) and I have 9 tardies (every 3 tardies is on absent) so I'm up 12 absents and if I get to 15 I get kicked out of school, which means that I will be going home. So we got up earlier this morning and this will probably be our schedule for the rest of the year, I can't have any more sick days. If I miss anymore I'm in serious danger of going home, I just can't believe that I let it get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment