Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My First Week

My first week here was actually pretty nice, the first day I wanted to go home, but after that I was kind of fine. I didn't start school until the week after that one, so I got to sleep in really late and stay up late. We went downtown and I met some of my host sister's friends, they were all so nice but I couldn't understand anything that they were saying apart from "hello" and "what's your name?". After that I didn't really do much, I just spent time with my host family and got to know them a little bit better. Then on the next weekend I had my "Survival Orientation" with AFS and the other AFSer's. It doesn't sound like I did very much, but I had a lot of fun that first week. I don't know how but at the end of that first week I felt like I understood so much more of what people were talking about. It's amazing how much that first week counts or at least felt like it counted.


No comments:

Post a Comment