Friday, April 26, 2013

Worse? Can't Happen

Ok, I don't know how this day could possibly get any worse. First I leave the water on the table after lunch (which is what I always do) and while I'm about to wash the dishes, my host sister tells me that I need to put it in the refrigerator after eating ALWAYS, then she says that my host dad has told me to do that from the beginning (I had absolutely no idea that he had told me to do that, I think they overestimate my Spanish understanding abilities). Then while I'm washing the dishes my host sister comes into the kitchen and says "Stephanie! What happened?", I look down to see that the entire kitchen is flooded (It was a surprise to me too). So then I look under the sink where there is a bucket (where the drained water goes), yeah, it overflowed. So then she goes to get the dad and he comes in and starts talking really fast and really loud (he's mad) and tells my host sister to take care of it and goes back to his room (I'm apparently her responsibility). So I've managed to make my host family mad at me for the first, excuse me while I go cry and wish to go home for like the twentieth time since I've been here. And you know what? this week had actually turned out really good, until this point. Now I'm right back to being really homesick. I know I got lucky with this family, but I don't have a good feeling about them. I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment