Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Host Family

Now I want to talk a bit about my host family because my host family is a very important part of this entire experience because without them I wouldn't have been able to come to Argentina. I have to parents and one sister. The mom is so nice and doesn't speak a single word of English which I really like because I feel like I'm learning when I'm talking with her. The next member of the family is the dad, he speaks a little bit of English but when he speaks English it's really funny because he says everything in a really funny way. After that first week I haven't really gotten along with him that well, it's not like he's mean or anything I just don't really particularly get along with him. The next and last person is my host sister, we have done everything together. She has shared all of her friends with me and we are inseparable (partly because we like hanging out with each other and partly because my host parents JUST started letting me go places by myself). She speaks a lot of English she takes English class, and it's surprising how much English she knows, one time when I was feeling really homesick she came and talked to me and I didn't have to slow down or anything she could understand what I was saying and reply back. It was really surprising. Even though I don't really get along with the host dad, this family is the right host family for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment